Think Boards are a wonderful device for helping students solve word problems. The student is prompted to use five different strategies to help solve the word problem. The strategies used are: ‘Draw a Picture’, ‘Use a Number Line’, ‘Use a Ten Frame’, ‘Write a Number Sentence’ and ‘Part Part Whole’. The word problems in these resources deal with subtraction sums to twenty. This bundle brings together four types of word problems: Result Unknown, Change Unknown, Start Unknown and Compare.
There are four resources in this bundle:
- Subtraction Word Problems to 20 Result Unknown
- Subtraction Word Problems to 20 Change Unknown
- Subtraction Word Problems to 20 Start Unknown
- Subtraction Word Problems to 20 Compare
In each resource you will find:
- 5 posters showing the strategies used on the Think Boards
- 10 Think Boards with sums to 20 (2 to a page)
- 4 Think boards - the number sentence (equation) is provided and students must create the number story (2 to a page)
- 2 Assessment Worksheets – each with 5 word problems
That makes a total of 40 word problems and 8 assessment worksheets (another 40 problems). Please check the previews of the individual resources if you need further information.
This resource is for one classroom use only. It is bound by copyright laws and redistributing, editing, selling or posting this item (or any part thereof) on the internet are all strictly prohibited without first gaining permission from the author. Violations are subject to the penalties of the digital Millennium Copyright Act.
Subtraction Word Problems to 20 Bundle
ZIP with 4 PDFs (64.8 Mb / 60 pages)